- Mitsubishi Electric Group contributed 500 million yen to support relief efforts in the wake of the Great East Japan Earthquake. It also matched employees' donations collected through the Mitsubishi Electric SOCIO-ROOTS Fund and contributed a combined total of approximately 290 million yen to aid survivors and orphans from the earthquake disaster.
- Celebrated Mitsubishi Electric's 90th anniversary. Looking towards its 100th anniversary, the company will aim to become a global, leading environmental company, contributing to society through technology.
- Received a contract from the TAT-14 CN Purchasing Consortium to upgrade the consortium's submarine optical cable system, TAT-14 Cable Network, to 40Gbps. The upgrade of a transatlantic cable to 40 Gbps is the world's first.
- Delivered OLED panels that can display images with ten times higher resolution than conventional LED panels, to the 6-meter-diameter Geo-Cosmos Globe displayed at the National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation as its symbol exhibit.
- Received an order to deliver 106 elevators, including three that would boast the world's fastest speed of 1,080m/min, to Shanghai Tower, a skyscraper under construction in Shanghai, China (height: 632m; slated for completion in 2014).
- Commenced full-scale operations of the Smart Grid and Smart Community demonstration facilities in Amagasaki and Wakayama.
- Mitsubishi Electric's Diamond Vision? large-scale display received the 63rd Annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Award from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
- Developed the industry's smallest EV motor system with built-in SiC inverter, in which all power chips in the motor's inverter are SiC-based.